If you are:
- new in town and still feeling your way
- a new migrant who finds it difficult to land a job
- a student looking for professional exposure and development
- a recent graduate looking for professional work experience or
- just retired and looking for things to do and make use of your accumulated knowledge and experience.
Why not sign up as a volunteer?
We seek people with the right attitude and passion to perform work and tasks in a variety of roles, such as office administration, accounting, event management, marketing, public relations, carers’ duties and teaching.
In return, you will develop valuable skills and experience which are transferrable to any professional job you may move on to in the future. We can also provide reference for your future job applications, and refer you to possible vacancies in companies, government departments, and organisations that we deal with.
We currently have various roles available. Please apply indicating the role(s) you are interested in together with some background information.
- Administration and/or accounting – roles and duties includes reception duties, answer general enquiries, membership processing, book keeping, payroll, GST reconciliation.
- Chung Wah magazine – journalist, editor, translator, graphic designer, illustrator, photographer
- Chinese schools – teacher assistants, relief teacher, canteen helpers, general volunteers
- Chung Wah events – marketing, communication, media, public relations, event management
- Community and aged care – visit Chung Wah Community and Aged Care website, www.chungwahcac.org.au